grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Shibboleth and Grouper
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 05:21:33 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

OK, I never understood why these changes were needed, but now I get it. Im
used to not having the anonymously accessible information page, if you aren't
authenticated, you aren't allowed in at all. One of the other enablers of
this is to set:

login=Start

in the custom nav.properties so that once the user is logged in, and looking
at the info page, it says "Start", instead of "Log in". Btw, I have a
directory in the UI: grouperExternal/public which can easily not be protected
by authn (if you have external user registrations, it wont work if its not),
maybe we should change the info page to be a static HTML page there, or
something else (dynamic page there). Well, if the UI is redone in 2.2 we can
worry about it then :)

On Behalf Of