grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] schema(s) for departmental groups ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] schema(s) for departmental groups ?

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: Grouper-Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] schema(s) for departmental groups ?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:00:53 -0700 (PDT)

We're currently thinking of this set of top level containers:

https://wiki.cac.washington.edu/display/infra/UW+Group+Naming+Plan

This seems to be working well enough for us.

Bob's naming rule of thumb: hierarchies, if needed, should be based on naming authorities, ie, a defined group that manages names in its subspace. Taxonomy is to be avoided, especially if the naming authority for the taxonomy elements is "me, the architect". 8^)

- RL "Bob"