grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper and database failover

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper and database failover

  • From: Peter DiCamillo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper and database failover
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 00:22:02 -0400

We're looking at the possibility of configuring Grouper so we can use database failover. We'd like to be able to keep Grouper up during database maintenance, and also in disaster recover situations. We use Grouper with an Oracle database and with tomcat. We also have some java programs which use the Grouper API and do not run under tomcat.

I don't have extensive knowledge of Oracle or jdbc, but some quick Google research suggests that this may be possible, and the recommended method involves using Oracle’s Fast Connection Failover mechanism.

Does anyone have experience with Grouper and database failover? Are there known reasons why it could or could not be made to work?

Peter