grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and database failover

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and database failover

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Peter Schober <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and database failover
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:07:45 -0400

Another thing... its on our roadmap to improve availability of Grouper (post
2.0). I think it is on the table to be able to configure multiple database
connect strings, and/or retrieve nodes from dns-srv or something, and have
Grouper's data layer have a try/catch with timeout (could configure to only
be readonly) so it could not have to rely on database load balancers or
drivers etc... my understanding with Oracle ONS is if there is a connection
checked out of the pool, and a failure of a database node happens on that
node, then the connection will not recover, so even with Oracle I think this
type of error handling could help

Thanks,
chris

On Behalf Of Peter Schober