grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP provision- invalid name

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP provision- invalid name

  • From: Mark Cairney <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP provision- invalid name
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:59:49 +0100

Hi Tom,

I've managed to improve performance significantly by using the source id (as
it wasn't in OpenLDAP initially) and by setting the initial-cache-size for
both groups and subjects to what are suitably large values :-)
I've given Grouper a little bit more memory to play with too as it was having
issues with garbage collection.

On 10 May 2011, at 13:52, Tom Zeller wrote:

>> As an aside we are now provisioning multiple stems. If you only wanted to
>> sync a particular stem or set of stems is the best approach simply to
>> point gsh.sh at a separate config file?
>
> If you use more than one ldappc config file, make sure each
> configuration has an "orthogonal" root-dn
>
> <groups root-dn="ou=groups,..." />
>
> otherwise you may clobber yourself.
>
> If all of your groups need to be under the same ldap ou, you might try
> and select them using an attribute.
>
> TomZ

OK that seems fairly sensible however as I'm using a "bushy" structure in
ldappc.xml I'm wondering if I can get away with setting the same root-dn? Or
is there a way of telling it not to create the ou=<stem-name> ou?

Kind regards,

Mark

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

  • Re: [grouper-users] OpenLDAP provision- invalid name, Mark Cairney, 06/03/2011