grouper-users - [grouper-users] Attestation question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Attestation question

  • From: Nathan Kopp <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Attestation question
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 10:31:03 -0400

In my organization, we are beginning work on a Grouper implementation for managing user access to Siebel CRM.

One key thing we need to track is attestation (who is responsible for assigning a direct group membership) whenever our rules engine is responsible for membership.  We have identified two possible options:

1) use grouper’s audit log

2) store attestation information in an attribute whenever the rules engine is responsible for direct membership assignment

Currently we implemented this using an attribute.  However, I was wondering if there is an easy API for accessing the audit log to quickly the subject that is most recently responsible for a current group membership.  Does such a capability exist in the Grouper API?

Nathan Kopp

Applications Strategist

Information Technology Group

Campus Crusade for Christ, Int’l

407-826-2939 Office | 407-484-8485 Mobile | 407-826-2968 Fax