grouper-users - [grouper-users] who is using web service operations: "assignPermissions", and "getPermissionAssignments"

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] who is using web service operations: "assignPermissions", and "getPermissionAssignments"

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] who is using web service operations: "assignPermissions", and "getPermissionAssignments"
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:11:58 -0400

I am interested in tweaking these two new operations "assignPermissions", and "getPermissionAssignments"

Note, these are different than the operations to manage grouper privileges (e.g. READ/UPDATE on the group/folder)

Anyways, if someone is using them, I can version them to be backwards compatible, but I have a feeling that maybe no one is using them and I can just change them.

The change is that the request/response will have a flag that indicates if the assignment is an “allow” or “deny”.  So you could allow something toward the top of a hierarchy, and then deny further down.  E.g. subject can READ all orgs, except the organization of which they are a member…

Let me know

  • [grouper-users] who is using web service operations: "assignPermissions", and "getPermissionAssignments", Chris Hyzer, 04/19/2011