grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] HTML/AJAX/JS Grouper Client

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] HTML/AJAX/JS Grouper Client

  • From: Matthew Buckett <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] HTML/AJAX/JS Grouper Client
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:13:19 +0100

On 31 March 2011 18:27, Chris Hyzer
> So you are saying that the requests go from the user's browser, to sakai,
> then proxy to grouperWs?

Yep.

> You wouldn't want anything about the actAs from the browser since they
> could just write someone else's ID right?

Yep.

> So I think the proxy will have to do a little bit of work, but will be more
>complicated than just a web proxy.

Ok, it just would have made the development easier if I didn't have
todo very much work and could just proxy the content, adding my
authorisation and the act as details, knowing the web client couldn't
override it.

> If you are on a web services doc page, e.g.:
>
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Get+Groups
>
> And click on samples:
>
> http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/i2mi/trunk/grouper-ws/grouper-ws/doc/samples/getGroups/
>
> Then you should click on http_xhtml... if you want json back, then put json
> in the URL instead of xhtml, and you can put the post body into the URL (I
> think), instead of post...
>
> https://server.school.edu/grouper-ws/servicesRest/json/v1_6_000/subjects/10021368/groups?wsLiteObjectType=WsRestGetGroupsLiteRequest&actAsSubjectId=GrouperSystem

Magic, thanks.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services