Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: Matthew Buckett <>
- Subject: [grouper-users] HTML/AJAX/JS Grouper Client
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:50:31 +0100
We're looking at using Grouper for some group data for our Sakai
installation and as part of this we're wanting a native interface to
Grouper in Sakai, so that users can find existing groups or have basic
functionality to create a new ones. This is so that the UI works well
with Sakai and feels part of the standard interface. Also so that the
groups are created in a way that works with Sakai (permissions).
Todo this I was thinking about writing the Grouper as a HTML
application which makes XmlHttpRequests to Sakai which get
authenticated and then passed along (proxied) to Grouper (using act
as). I was hoping to use the JSON URLs so they are quick and easy by
I have a few questions:
- Has anyone done this before?
- I was hoping I could set the act as subject as a HTTP header so that
when Sakai proxies the request to could be sure which user it was
acting on behalf of without having to parse the contents of the
request (eg the JSON). Is this possible?
- The documentation mentions that the light methods of the REST WS
should be callable as a GET with query parameters, but I can't see an
example of this. Something along the lines of:
but this doesn't seem to work.
Thanks in advance.
VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services
- [grouper-users] HTML/AJAX/JS Grouper Client, Matthew Buckett, 03/31/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.