grouper-users - [grouper-users] Changing format of fully qualified LDAP name in sync from Grouper to LDAP

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Changing format of fully qualified LDAP name in sync from Grouper to LDAP

  • From: Cameron stewart <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Changing format of fully qualified LDAP name in sync from Grouper to LDAP
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:35:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all,

Whenever I create a group in Grouper and try to sync, it tries to create an
entry in LDAP like this:

cn=Groups:groupname,o=organization,c=US

our LDAP is formatted such that it would like to have this:

ou=Groups,ou=groupname,o=organization,c=US

Specifically, note that Groups (an already existing ou) is an ou, not cn.
Also, the ':'.

What would I edit to change this, or can I even do this?

Thanks in advance.