grouper-users - [grouper-users] RE: Foreign characters not displaying correctly in user interfaces

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] RE: Foreign characters not displaying correctly in user interfaces

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Richard James <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] RE: Foreign characters not displaying correctly in user interfaces
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:33:21 -0400

Are you running the server on unix or windows? Ive seen difficulties in
windows if it is setup a certain way to support these chars. Unfortunately
there are a lot of factors here: database OS, app server OS, database
charset, app server OS, browser, etc

Does this show utf-8 on all lines that it should? (mine doesn't, does yours?)

mysql> SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'char%';
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| Variable_name | Value |
+--------------------------+----------------------------+
| character_set_client | utf8 |
| character_set_connection | utf8 |
| character_set_database | latin1 |
| character_set_filesystem | binary |
| character_set_results | utf8 |
| character_set_server | latin1 |
| character_set_system | utf8 |
| character_sets_dir | /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'char%';

The grouperdemo server is on unix, and I didn't do anything special do it,
and it seems fine. I created a group with a special char, and attached are
the screenshots for the UI and UI-lite with a windows browser (unix server/db
mysql)...

On Behalf Of Richard James