grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Query on Naming Conflicts - Grouper, ldappcng, AD

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Query on Naming Conflicts - Grouper, ldappcng, AD

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "Mailvaganam, Hari" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Query on Naming Conflicts - Grouper, ldappcng, AD
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:04:56 -0600

At Memphis, we make sure that our Active Directory RDNs are unique,
whether they be users, groups, contacts, etc., and these RDNs are
provisioned to sAMAccountName. Whenever a new person, group, or
contact is created, we check our namespace for uniqueness.

Silly, but, you might get away with adding a prefix to sAMAccountName
for groups.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Mailvaganam, Hari