grouper-users - [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 API tarball fails tests.

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 API tarball fails tests.

  • From: Erik Froese <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.6.3 API tarball fails tests.
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:47:18 -0500

Hey I'm trying to build the grouper api and install it properly so I
can build the grouper client project.

I can mvn install the grouper api if I skip the tests but the test
always fails trying to see if it has enough memory.

I've tried adjusting MAVEN_OPTS and the maven-compiler-plugin
configuration int he pom./xml but neither seem to make a difference.
Any suggestions on how to configure this to get it to build?

Here's the test output:

Test set: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.AllTests
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.46
sec <<< FAILURE!
initializationError(edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.AllTests) Time
elapsed: 0.005 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Not enough memory, you should have at
least 500 megs, e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=300m -Xms80m -Xmx640m, but this
much was detected: 129957888
at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.helper.GrouperTest.assertEnoughMemory(GrouperTest.java:77)
at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.AllTests.suite(AllTests.java:150)

snipped ....

(froese@iMac)
(~/work/grouper.api-1.6.3)
$ echo $MAVEN
apache-maven-2.2.1

(froese@iMac)
(~/work/grouper.api-1.6.3)
$ echo $MAVEN_OPTS
-Xmx1024m

Any suggestions on how to get this to build correctly?

Thanks
Erik