grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] jvm/tomcat security issue

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] jvm/tomcat security issue

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Andrew Petro <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] jvm/tomcat security issue
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:57:08 -0500

Ok, Shilen was able to bring down the Grouper UI with this vulnerability.

I will say that at Penn we protect our entire UI (even the splash page) with
SSO at the web server level, so I think there is less of a chance someone
will do this. However, once external subjects can register, then anyone with
a protect network account (which is anyone), would be able to do it. As for
WS, Im not sure when we call getLocale, but its possible that there is a
problem there too...

On Behalf Of Andrew Petro