grouper-users - [grouper-users] Representing People Hierarchies in Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Representing People Hierarchies in Grouper

  • From: Richard James <>
  • To: grouper users list <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Representing People Hierarchies in Grouper
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:58:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-GB
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-GB

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can share any experiences/approaches for
representing a hierarchy of people in Grouper. At Newcastle we have been
people to team and team to department. We now have use cases which require
representing a people management hierarchy i.e. person to line manager to
department head and so on. As ever with this being a University, you have the
exceptions where people report to 2 line managers which adds a level of
complexity.

We are currently trying to find the best way to proceed with representing
these kinds of structure. We were wondering if anybody has had an experience
of representing this type of structure within Grouper? And if so could
provide us with any guidance/approaches for proceeding with this, or examples
of similar structures represented within your deployments of Grouper.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards

Richie

Richard James