grouper-users - [grouper-users] Re: LDAPPC——hasMember: a ttribute type undefined

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] Re: LDAPPC——hasMember: a ttribute type undefined

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: lucy <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] Re: LDAPPC——hasMember: a ttribute type undefined
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:26:52 -0500

> that is the "hasMember" attribute in the Group Object and the "isMemberOf"
> attribute in the member object get the "attribute type undefined" error. can
> you tell me how to solve it? thanks

Does your OpenLDAP directory support the eduMember schema ?

The eduMember schema file for OpenLDAP is not in the ldappcng
distribution, which is a bug, but rather in the Grouper API Source
distribution

http://www.internet2.edu/grouper/release/1.6.2/grouper.api-1.6.2.tar.gz

in misc/ldap/ldappc.schema. I've also attached ldappc.schema to this message.

Interestingly, someone else was having this same issue yesterday, so I
opened a bug :

The currently shipping example configuration files for ldappcng
require that the eduMember schema be supported by OpenLDAP
directories.

An additional "quickstart" example configuration should be provided
for vanilla OpenLDAP installations.

The following snippets should help folks who need to add the eduMember
schema to OpenLDAP.

slapd.conf :

include /opt/local/etc/openldap/schema/ldappc.schema

ldappc.schema :

#
# *** Start eduMember ###
#

#
# An auxiliary object class, "eduMember," is a convenient container
# for an extensible set of attributes concerning group memberships.
# At this time, the only attributes specified as belonging to the
# object class are "isMemberOf" and "hasMember."
#
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.5.1.1
NAME 'isMemberOf'
DESC 'identifiers for groups to which containing entity belongs'
EQUALITY caseExactMatch
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 )

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.5.1.2
NAME 'hasMember'
DESC 'identifiers for entities that are members of the group'
EQUALITY caseExactMatch
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 )

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.5.2.1
NAME 'eduMember'