grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC——value of naming attribute 'ou' is not present in entry

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC——value of naming attribute 'ou' is not present in entry

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: lucy <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] LDAPPC——value of naming attribute 'ou' is not present in entry
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:31:42 -0500

> and after a few tests, i find that if i change the sourceAttributeID to be
> "name" but not "extension", the command can run, but the record in LDAP
> getting the incorrect value. for example, the "cn" attribute in group object
> get "folderA:groupA" instead of  "groupA", and the ou attribute in stem
> object
> get "folderA:folderB" instead of "folderB", which will cause the under level
> stem can't find the correct parent stem object. can anyone help my whit
> that?

Is the structure flat or bushy ?

Structure is defined on

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/LDAPPC

as

"The group DN naming structure may be either "flat" or "bushy". A
flat structure provisions all groups into the same root DN using the
name of the group as the RDN, e.g.
cn=stem:child-stem:group-name,root-dn. A bushy structure will
provision groups hierarchically, e.g.
cn=group-name,ou=child-stem,ou=stem,root-dn.

Structure is defined for LDAP DNs in ldappc-resolver.example.xml :

<resolver:AttributeDefinition id="stem-dn" structure="${DNstructure}"

<resolver:AttributeDefinition id="group-dn" structure="${DNstructure}"

and (optionally) ldappc.properties :

# DNstructure=flat|bushy
DNstructure=flat