grouper-users - [grouper-users] attribute security

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] attribute security

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] attribute security
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:43:28 -0500

Hi,

On this page

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+attribute+framework

I read this:

"In order to perform operations on attributes, more security
is needed on the underlying objects. For example, to assign
an attribute to a group, you need ATTR_UPDATE on the attribute
and ADMIN on the group."

Does "assign an attribute" include assiging an attribute
value?

If so, I am surprised that ADMIN on the group is necessary and
UPDATE is not sufficient. I would like to give entities the
ability to update or set the value of an attribute on the
group without giving them the ability to delete the group.

Does the same hold true for stems?

Thanks,

Scott