grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper

  • From: Dirk Kastens <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Unix GID's in Grouper
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:01:16 +0200

Hi,

Grouper assumes that you use a transactional database. Are you using mysql
with myisam or other nontransactional tables perchance?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ansi-diff-transactions.html

I hope to implement this jira soon (1.6.1?), which will save us all some time
by detecting on startup if the DB is transactional.

Anyways, if this is the case, if you switch to innodb tables or something
else that is transactional, it should start working... :)

I'm using MyISAM tables. The problem is, that I'm using our central MySQL server which only supports MyISAM. That's what the administrator says. So you think it's better to create a standalone database for grouper? Do you would prefer postgreSQL over MySQL?

Dirk