grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Random ldappc failures

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Random ldappc failures

  • From: Paul Engle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Random ldappc failures
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:21:21 -0500

Right. On the successful iterations, I'm seeing the
GroupEntrySynchronizer messages as you show them, with initial
cache size etc. But on a failure, there is nothing in the log
between the Started GrouperSession & Stopped GrouperSession
messages.

I'm not seeing any timeouts or other error indications in the
ldap error logs. The ldap access logs for the last failure have
already rolled off, but I'll try to catch the next one and hold
it to see if I'm getting any empty search results or the like.

-paul

- --On Monday, July 20, 2009 12:56 PM -0500 Tom Zeller

> I'll readily acknowledge a bug, but unfortunately there's not
> much to work with, ldappc logging in 1.4 could use
> improvement :-)
>
> Ldappc should print out something like :
>
> INFO DebugLog.info(64) -
> [edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.LdappcProvisionControl] *****
> Starting Provisioning *****
> DEBUG DebugLog.debug(88) -
> [edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.GrouperSubjectRetriever]
> Found GrouperSystem
> INFO DebugLog.info(75) - Started GrouperSession:
> 7fb26d7ec8c248f187aaf90fbb72fd76,'GrouperSystem','application'
> INFO GroupEntrySynchronizer.<init>(162) - Group initial
> cache size = 100 DEBUG GroupEntrySynchronizer.clearRoot(1133)
> - search base 'ou=groups,dc=example,dc=edu' filter
> '(!(objectClass=groupOfNames))' ...
>
> And you're not seeing "Group initial cache size" right ?
>
> The line before that is essentially :
>
> Name rootDn =
> ldapCtx.getNameParser(LdapUtil.EMPTY_NAME).parse(rootDnStr);
>
> Then a search is done on the base of the group tree.
>
> Can you check your ldap server logs ? Maybe a connection
> (timeout) issue ?
>
> TomZ

- --
Paul D. Engle | Rice University
Sr. Systems Administrator | Information Technology - MS119
(713)348-4702 | PO Box 1892