grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning attributes with LDAPpc

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning attributes with LDAPpc

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "Cramton, James" <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Provisioning attributes with LDAPpc
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:36:23 -0500

1.4 ldappc doesn't have any new attribute provisioning features. As always, you can map a grouper attribute to an ldap attribute, but you can't resolve the subject of a custom list member to an ldap dn (I assume you want to provision the owner of a group as a dn).

The ability to provision a single member of a list or privilege, like "owners", would be nice for Active Directory's managedBy attribute.

I don't have an ETA regarding attribute provisioning using shibboleth's attribute resolver. We could roll this out in phases, though.

I'm going through some attribute provisioning scenarios on paper, e.g. eduCourseMember (thanks Tim from Arizona), and find myself needing to access grouper data from shibboleth in more complicated ways than a sourceAttributeID. I started cooking up some xml, and remembered on the last grouper-dev call that we might want to access grouper via the API or WS during provisioning, so I'm looking at incorporating grouper-ws rest xml in data connectors used by shib. I have to get up to speed with grouper-ws.

Are you willing to share your custom code for provisioning attributes ? How does your approach compare to the shibboleth attribute resolver ?

Thanks,
TomZ