grouper-users - Find batches of exact groups

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Find batches of exact groups

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Find batches of exact groups
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:21:19 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a smart/cheap way to get group details of many
groups in one WS call? The only solution I've found so far is findGroups, but
that does not scale very well (I can retrieve details for 2 OR'ed groups, but
after that, the nested queries get ugly and hard to generate, provided that
would work?). The other (expensive) solution is a simple
FIND_BY_GROUP_NAME_EXACT findGroup call for every path.

In short: I have multiple group ID-paths (invitations) and need the matching
displayExtensions (and maybe attributes) for pretty output.

I was thinking in the lines of the getGroups array of subjectLookups-like
interface, for findGroups.

Regards,
Martin