grouper-users - Stems and Group Members

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Stems and Group Members

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Stems and Group Members
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:17:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I am relatively new to using Grouper. I am in the process of doing some
testing, I am trying to incorporate Grouper in the management of who can book
different rooms within the University campus.

I have created a structure for rooms, each building is a stem, with the
individual rooms being the groups. Each of these groups will have members who
can book the room, for example all staff within ISS can book room CR199. I
have created a structure of the Universities departments, they take the
following kind of structure in grouper

NewcastleUni(stem) > Central Services(stem) > ISS(stem) > Middleware Team
(Group)

So the stem, ISS, has a number of ISS departments as groups. My question is,
is there any way of adding all members within the ISS stem, to the member
list of another group i.e group CR199. The only way I can see so far is
selecting the individual departments and adding them that way. So in effect I
want room CR199 to inherit all the members within the ISS stem, so all staff
within ISS can book CR199, is this possible?

Hope the above is clear, any assistance/clarification would be a great help.

Many Thanks

Richard