grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] finding privileges on groups via WS interface

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] finding privileges on groups via WS interface

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Martin van Es <>, Chris Hyzer <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] finding privileges on groups via WS interface
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:44:57 +0100

On Thursday 05 March 2009 05:45:36 Tom Barton wrote:
> A workaround such as an "owner" custom attribute should indeed work

Ok, I'll redirect my efforts. ;)

> The "proper" solution, Chris's option (a), will provide the needed
> capability and respect this approach to internal privilege management,
> but won't be available for a while. What's your timeframe?

There is none. The scouting for a solution moved into a Proof of Concept
implementation of Grouper and the custom UI I told about. That's what I'm
doing now. No intentions for production in the near fututure. But serious
intentions on using (Grouper as) a group management tool in the long term
planning exist (depending on my experiences on the PoC ;)

Regards,
Martin