grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] How to add an LDAP source to grouper-ui

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] How to add an LDAP source to grouper-ui

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] How to add an LDAP source to grouper-ui
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 14:25:54 +0000

Hi Danny,

If you are editing WEB-INF/classes/sources.xml directly there is always a chance it will be overwritten when you next run the build script - please confirm it wasn't overwritten. The build script will attempt to copy config files from grouper/conf, so you can make edits there and rebuild.

Do you see any errors in grouper_error.log (or grouper_ui.log if you configured the UI to log)? If not make sure that in log4j.properties, the Subject API is set to log:

### Subject API
log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.subject = ERROR,grouper_log
log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider = ERROR,grouper_log

I tried uncommenting the JNDI adapter and got an on screen error in addition to log messages.

Gary

--On 03 March 2009 08:02 -0500

I've downloaded and installed grouper-qs/ui 1.4.1 and added an LDAP
source to my sources.xml in WEB-INF/classes/sources.xml. I just
uncommented the example and changed the values to match my own LDAP
server.

When I start the webapp server grouper seems to work fine except that I
don't see any LDAP connections to my LDAP server (using netstat) and when
I try to add members to a group I don't find any users that are available
in my LDAP. On the search page of the web-ui I'm only seeing the
out-of-the-box data sources (Grouper, Example JDBC and internal)

Any ideas on what i'm missing?

Kind regards,

Danny

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing