grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:31:26 -0600

Peter Schober wrote:
* Dr. Loris Bennett
<>
[2009-02-25 13:20]:
You are right of course, it wouldn't and would therefore be potentially
hazardous. But supposing I know what I am doing and only ever export
the same subtree to the same OU, then I wouldn't have a problem. My
idea is that it would be nice to be able to avoid creating a whole lot
of OUs which be of no significance to the person reading out LDAP and
could well not even contain any information.

An alternative would be to provision to
cn=test:subdir:myGroup,ou=Groups,$BASEDN, which avoids the
intermediare groups, I guess.

Ldappc can provision groups in a "flat" or "bushy" manner. Loris, it looks like you are using "bushy". In the flat method all selected groups are provisioned into the same OU and the cn of the group can be set to any of the group naming attributes. Example:

<groups structure="flat"
root-dn="ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry"
ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
ldap-rdn-attribute="cn" grouper-attribute="name" >

would create groups named like

cn=test:subdir:myGroup,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry

Changing grouper-attribute from "name" to "extension" would create

cn=myGroup,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry

Tom