Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "Dr. Loris Bennett" <>
- To: Peter Schober <>
- Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:20:27 +0100
- Organization: Freie Universität Berlin
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 12:44 +0100, Peter Schober wrote:
> * Dr. Loris Bennett
> [2009-02-25 12:23]:
> > I was wondering whether it is possible to export only part of the stem
> > when using ldappc.
> > So if I have a group like
> > test:subdir:myGroup
> > and export it to
> > ou=goups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry
> > currently I get
> > cn=myGroup,ou=subdir,ou=test,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry
> > What I would like to have is
> > cn=myGroup,ou=groups,o=myOrg,c=myCountry
> > Is this possible?
> How would that prevent collision with foo:bar:myGroup?
> Just wondering,
You are right of course, it wouldn't and would therefore be potentially
hazardous. But supposing I know what I am doing and only ever export
the same subtree to the same OU, then I wouldn't have a problem. My
idea is that it would be nice to be able to avoid creating a whole lot
of OUs which be of no significance to the person reading out LDAP and
could well not even contain any information.
But maybe worrying about collisions would make it more trouble than it
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
Freie Universität Berlin
ZEDAT - Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung / Computer Center
Compute & Media Service
Fabeckstr. 32, Room 221
Tel ++49 30 838 51024
Fax ++49 30 838 56721
- ldappc: Export partial stem?, Dr. Loris Bennett, 02/25/2009
- Re: [grouper-users] ldappc: Export partial stem?, Peter Schober, 02/25/2009
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.