grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] web service as source of Subject API

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] web service as source of Subject API

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Ken LAI <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] web service as source of Subject API
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:34:44 -0500

There is no plan for that. We do have plans to discuss exposing some Grouper
web service operations to search and potentially manage subjects...

Anyways, for having a builtin subject source which uses web services, it
sounds like it would be difficult to make that generic. Each web service
subject source might have a much different API. I would just make your own
subject source which implements edu.internet2.middleware.subject.Source and
acts as a web service client. If you need help coding this, let me know. If
we find out it is generic and useful to people, we can add it in.

Regards,
Chris