grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Same Group Type Attribute Name in a Different Group Type

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Same Group Type Attribute Name in a Different Group Type

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Colin Hudler <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Same Group Type Attribute Name in a Different Group Type
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:41:00 -0500

Right now the attribute can only be used in one type. This is an opportunity
to say that I picture a new attribute design where this is not the case. Or
that different attribute could have the same name (in a different stem).

However, for yours, in the current 1.4 world, you can either:

1. uniquely identify your attribute names

2. organize them (normalize) so that you only use them once

e.g. a.
group_type: sendable
(attr) sendable_name: ldap
(attr) send_to: ldap