grouper-users - ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:36:56 +0100

Hi,

I would like to make a quick feedback of a presentation of Grouper we made last week at the ESUP Days conference. ESUP is a french declinaison of uPortal and the community seemed to be very interrested by the approach of using a central groups manager with delegation of administration facilities.

We also presented our work around the integration of Grouper with the applications and the information system :
- Two uPortal's GroupStores that enable to load and see the Grouper groups in the portal,
- A web service that enable to create hierarchies of groups and folders, with the administration/members relationship, based on template descriptions.
- A module used to create and maintain dynamic types in grouper (work in progress).

I can detail more but some slides can be found at: http://www.esup-portail.org/download/attachments/45449224/esupdays07-grouper.ppt?version=1

There is still some work and I don't know if this could become a contribution but let me know if it is the case.

Regards,

--

Arnaud Deman
GIP RECIA