grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ESUP Days, Grouper presentation feedback
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:43:34 -0600

Arnaud,

I'm glad to hear that your hard work with grouper is starting to pay off!

Your approach to handling dynamic groups will resonate with many others, as will the integration with uPortal. Your contributions and help in these and other areas are very welcome. Let's discuss those on the grouper-dev list.

Looking through your slides also emphasized, to me, another point. Once the technology is implemented, the real work of designing a hierarchy and an administration model begins, and the real power of this approach starts to become evident.

Thanks,
Tom

Arnaud Deman wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make a quick feedback of a presentation of Grouper we made last week at the ESUP Days conference. ESUP is a french declinaison of uPortal and the community seemed to be very interrested by the approach of using a central groups manager with delegation of administration facilities.

We also presented our work around the integration of Grouper with the applications and the information system :
- Two uPortal's GroupStores that enable to load and see the Grouper groups in the portal,
- A web service that enable to create hierarchies of groups and folders, with the administration/members relationship, based on template descriptions.
- A module used to create and maintain dynamic types in grouper (work in progress).

I can detail more but some slides can be found at: http://www.esup-portail.org/download/attachments/45449224/esupdays07-grouper.ppt?version=1

There is still some work and I don't know if this could become a contribution but let me know if it is the case.

Regards,