grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] subject.display options

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] subject.display options

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Martin van Es <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] subject.display options
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 10:39:08 -0600

First, the Subject API javadoc is incorporated into the Grouper API javadoc linked on the wiki:
<http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/grouper/grouper/1.4.1/doc/api/index.html>

Wiki doc on the Subject API implementation, only slightly outdated, is at
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/i2miCommon/Subject+API>

The subject-0.3.1 doc there might illuminate what you're after.

Tom

Chris Hyzer wrote:
The subject interface has these:

I don't know where the javadoc is, but here is the source

http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/subject/src/edu/internet2/middleware/subject/Subject.java?root=I2MI&view=markup

Basically the example subject type built in to grouper implements
those methods, so they are attributes, along with the custom ones you
make up...

This is the implementation of that interface for the sample subject:

http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/grouper/src/grouper/edu/internet2/middleware/grouper/RegistrySubject.java?root=I2MI&view=markup

Note the "description" always returns empty string :)