grouper-users - subject.display options

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

subject.display options

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: subject.display options
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:05:22 +0100

Hi,

Inspired by Gary's answer about displaying subject's description in search
results I started looking into this (subject.display.default eg.) further to
see if I could grasp the inner workings of Grouper a bit more. It turns out I
just don't get it.

The description of the parameter says:
# In the case of subjects, an attribute can be configured based on the
subject's SourceAdapter

When I look into the sources.xml file I find the "example" source, connected
using edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.GrouperJdbcConnectionProvider.

A couple of param's are configured (id, name and description) and some
searches, but the strange thing is, I can use 'type' and 'source' as well,
but
Type_AttributeType or Source_AttributeType are not defined? Where do I look
see what are valid values, why do type and source work? At the moment, it
feels a bit like 'magic'. Part of the values are defined (as far as I
understand) but some of them aren't. Also, there is no id or type column in
the subjectattributes table, how are they mapped to the parameter's values?

Regards,
Martin van Es