grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>, "" <>, Tim gray <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:26:12 -0500

> 1) Is anyone using Grouper Client for Provisioning?

Grouper client isn't intended for large scale provisioning. I will probably
soon be using it via cron daily to keep a text file of one group's members up
to date so I can use the file for a website ACL. Small scale, huh?

> 2) If you are using Grouper Client are you using the LDAP or the Web
> Services or both?

Grouper client only does readonly queries from ldap. My idea in #1 would use
a read from ldap.

> 4) Is anyone provisioning from Grouper in near-realtime. For example,
> when a group changes, that change is propagated to all appropriate
> provisioned systems ASAP.

Im not sure about ldappc, but some people have custom solutions in this area
(like Penn). However, we are currently trying to design and implement
something for this in the near future built in to Grouper.

Regards,
Chris

  • Grouper and Provisioning, Gabby Capitanchik, 01/29/2009
    • RE: [grouper-users] Grouper and Provisioning, Chris Hyzer, 01/29/2009