grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] More Grouper Question

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] More Grouper Question

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Gabby Capitanchik <>
  • Cc: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, , Tim gray <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] More Grouper Question
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:36:58 -0500

Just to give you an idea, in the Fall when Duke loaded its Spring courses, the initial load took 65 minutes. That load added course data for 7045 courses, which for us translates to 21,135 groups, approximately 21,135 stems, approximately 100,000 privileges for the groups and stems, and an unknown number of student and instructor memberships.

-- Shilen

On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:20 AM, Gabby Capitanchik wrote:

Hi,

> Duke, Brown, Cornell and others probably have direct experience, but
> generating lots of new groups and/or memberships will take some time
> 8hrs+ I would guess depending on your systems and the numbers involved

By lots do you mean 100s, 1000s or 10000s?

Cheers

Gabby Capitanchik