grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] error using ldappc 1.1.1 with Grouper 1.4.0

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] error using ldappc 1.1.1 with Grouper 1.4.0

  • From: James Cramton <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Scott Koranda <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] error using ldappc 1.1.1 with Grouper 1.4.0
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:42:16 -0500

Brown effectively uses ldappc--although it's actually a home brewed creation
that was used as a prototype in the re-crafting of ldappc in 2008. It's a
java-based batch processing tool that flattens groups as we provision them
into the directory. We run a continuous loop of separate ldappc
processes--as one finishes, another starts. Our runtime for our quarter
million groups is between 1.5 and 2 hours, without a large quantity of
changes. Typically, we have more changes in the first overnight run, after
our nightly feed from the upstream business systems. All subsequent runs
for the day pick up trivial manual changes from Grouper users. Up next, we
hope to use hooks to begin supporting real-time updates.

James Cramton
Lead Programmer/Analyst
Brown University

On 1/15/09 10:56 AM, "Tom Barton"