grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Loader dynamic groups and LDAP (cf Grouper v1.4.0 now available)

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Loader dynamic groups and LDAP (cf Grouper v1.4.0 now available)

  • From: Arnaud Deman <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] RE: Grouper Loader dynamic groups and LDAP (cf Grouper v1.4.0 now available)
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:12:39 +0100

Chris Hyzer a écrit :

> Ok, I undestand. In fact I hoped that somme logic would be shared and so could be reused but if it is not the case I

> will follow your sugestion.

The logic which can be reused is the addMember web service.  If you don’t know which members are to be added or deleted, then just send the whole list to the web service, and it will only add or remove the ones which are different.  If using grouperClient (which is a front end for web services), you can put the list in a file, and tell grouperClient to replace with that file, and it will do everything for you.  You shouldn’t need to do much on your side.  Let me know if you need help getting it working

Ok, thank you very much Chris.

Have a nice day,

Arnaud.

Kind regards,