grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details

  • From: Loris Bennett <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:28:55 +0200

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 10:42 -0400, Chris Hyzer wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Thanks in advance for all your patience here. Unfortunately storing the
> group detail is not implemented yet. Yes, that is confusing. This is on
> my
> list of to do's, and Im not sure when that will be done. Hopefully for
> 1.4, but not sure. Is it a priority for you?

I have just realized that storing the group detail is quite important
for us after all, even if we do use SQL_GROUP_LIST. The reason is that
for each folder in the hierarchy I would like to generate the following
groups:

blacklist
whitelist
manual (composite: whitelist - blacklist)
auto (via grouperloader)
all (composite: auto + manual)

For the two composite groups I would have to be able to set the group
detail, wouldn't I?

Until this feature is available, I suppose that I could use gsh,
although this would be a bit of a hack as I would have to generate a
gsh-script with all the full group names required to populate the whole
hierarchy with the composite groups.

Xmas isn't too far off, so along with grouperLoaderGroupListPattern
maybe I can add group details to my wishlist.

Thanks

Loris