grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Loris Bennett <>, Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Problem saving group type and retrieving group details
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:42:55 -0400

Hey,

Thanks in advance for all your patience here. Unfortunately storing the
group detail is not implemented yet. Yes, that is confusing. This is on my
list of to do's, and Im not sure when that will be done. Hopefully for 1.4,
but not sure. Is it a priority for you?

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Web+Services
To do's: "persist group detail when saving groups (including attributes)"

Are you up and running with GSH? This is an easy way to assign a group type
to a group, and add the grouper loader attributes. Or the UI could be used
as well.

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Web+Services

I have some GSH commands for making a grouper loader group here:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Loader

group=getGroups("aStem:aGroup2")
groupAddType("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoader")
setGroupAttr("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoaderDbName", "grouper")
setGroupAttr("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoaderType", "SQL_SIMPLE")
setGroupAttr("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoaderScheduleType",
"START_TO_START_INTERVAL")
setGroupAttr("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoaderQuery", "select SUBJECT_ID,
SUBJECT_SOURCE_ID from agroup2_v")
setGroupAttr("aStem:aGroup2", "grouperLoaderIntervalSeconds", "30")

Kind regards,
Chris