grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Strategies for moving groups/stems?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Strategies for moving groups/stems?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Loris Bennett <>
  • Cc: Grouper Users Mailing List <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper-WS: Strategies for moving groups/stems?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:13:30 -0500

Loris Bennett wrote:
Hi Tom,

For us, the issue of handling changes in the organizational structure is
of central importance. In particular, we expect that, because Grouper
will help to make the org structure in HR more visible, people are more
likely to realize that the existing structure does not quite correspond
to reality and want to have changes made. So we would definitely be in
favour of NTS for 1.5.0.

In addition we would be interested in auditing and the ability to
restrict group membership to a certain period of time, which I assume
would be dealt with in the context of "Rule-based Actions".

Understood.

BTW, is there already a list of the features which will be in 1.4.0?

The complete list is at <https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel>.

Highlights include hooks to enable 3rd party plug-ins to enhance the grouper API, enhancements to grouper shell, configurable regex-based validation of group attributes in the API, an optional approach to avoid having plaintext passwords in configuration files, additional help in the UI, and a variety of performance and bug-related fixes across all components. We'll also provide a binary form of the grouper toolkit in addition to the usual source tarballs.

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technologies
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director for Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1