grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] FERPA Protected Data

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] FERPA Protected Data

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Thomas M Goerger" <>, "Kevin J ORourke" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] FERPA Protected Data
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:13:59 -0500

Perhaps we could mark subjects as hidden or invisible (based on attribute existence or value) so they are not displayed by the UI, e.g. in media.properties: subject.don't-display.attr=FERPA or subject.hide.attr=FERPA, subject.hide.value=true. Could be applied to a group (e.g. a course) subject to hide all members, or to particular subjects (e.g. a student who has requested FERPA). Maybe only applicable to specific privileges, e.g. not ADMIN.

TomZ