grouper-users - FERPA Protected Data

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

FERPA Protected Data

  • From: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Kevin J ORourke <>
  • Subject: FERPA Protected Data
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:45:06 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

We're running into situations where we'd like to be able to restrict the
ability for group members to see FERPA suppressed entries. We've just
turned off the read attribute for now, but this is less than ideal, of
course. I'm seeing from list archives that you might have been working on
the ability to see a FERPA flag on a directory, and set suppression on
this entry according to this flag. Has there been any progress on this,
or if not, when might something like this be available?

* Tom Goerger Email/Unix System
Administrator *
*
*
* University of Minnesota Email:

*
* Operations, Infrastructure and Architecture Phone: 4-5804
*
* Internet Services Office: 750 University Park
Plaza*
*
*