grouper-users - configuring SubjectAPI in sources.xml to do anonymous bind

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

configuring SubjectAPI in sources.xml to do anonymous bind

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: configuring SubjectAPI in sources.xml to do anonymous bind
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:21:48 -0500

Hi,

I am editing sources.xml to look (in part) like this:

<init-param>
<param-name>INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY</param-name>
<param-value>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>PROVIDER_URL</param-name>
<param-value>ldap://auth.ligo.caltech.edu</param-value>
</init-param>

I am not specifying SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION,
SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, nor
SECURITY_PROTOCOL.

I would have thought, looking at the documentation, that this
would enable an anonymous bind to our ldap server since the
default should be 'none' for SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION.

I can bind anonymously to the server with other clients with
no problem.

What combination of the above parameters and with what values
do I need to specify to anonymously bind?

Thanks,

Scott

  • configuring SubjectAPI in sources.xml to do anonymous bind, Scott Koranda, 08/27/2008