grouper-users - Wheel Group Use

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Wheel Group Use

  • From: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Wheel Group Use
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:27:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

How does a wheel group user create stems and groups from within the GUI?
I've got my wheel group set up. Right now, it is the only stem and group
that is present in the database, so I want to be able to use this account
to start creating my db structure. Right now, when I log into Grouper as
one of these wheel group users, I don't have any options to create groups,
or even to manage the wheel group itself. Do the wheel group users need
to have special privileges in the wheel group, or is there a way to switch
over from being a 'normal' user to acting as Grouper System? I've got
Tomcat auth off now, so I could switch this back on, and go back in as
GrouperSystem, but I'd like to avoid doing this for obvious reasons.

Thanks,

Tom Goerger
University of Minnesota
Academic Computing - Internet Services