grouper-users - RE: Grouper-loader

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: Grouper-loader

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Chris Franks <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: Grouper-loader
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 13:27:01 -0400

A few more things:

1. You should probably get the new grouper/build.xml and
grouper/ext/ext-build.xml as it allows extensions to have configurations
which is something you will need.

2. I thought that the field permission "system" would mean that only wheel
group could edit it, but its not the case, it is for internal use only. So
if you have the fields already from this page:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Loader

You could edit them in gsh somehow, or edit in table grouper_fields (change
"system" to "admin"). (I updated that wiki page). Note we will need a veto
hook here so that only grouper-loader-admins can deal with grouper-loader
group types/attributes.

3. When you start the loader the first time, and it gets further than you
previously did, it should fail and give you an output of DDL to add to the
DB. Then you should add that DDL (couple of tables) and start it up again.

Regards,
Chris