grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Changing Grouper ID

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Changing Grouper ID

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Thomas M Goerger <>, "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Changing Grouper ID
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 16:26:08 -0500

And much the same can be accomplished by a simple use of gsh:

gsh 0.1.1% getMembers("aStem:aGroup")

will return the list of subjectId's and sourceIds of the members of the group as given in the grouper_members table.

Tom

Chris Hyzer wrote:
The only place subjectId is stored in the grouper db is the grouper_members
table (and any DB subject sources might have it as an attribute, Im assuming
you aren't using any). You might be experiencing caching in your app server.
If you want to see immediate results, try logging out / in, or restarting
the servlet container (might be tomcat), or waiting a few minutes (whatever
the cache timeout is set to).

To see in the DB which members are in a group (in this case a group named
aStem:aGroup, change that for the group you are trying to display), try this
query:

select distinct gm.SUBJECT_ID, gm.subject_source subject_source_id, ga.VALUE
group_name
from grouper_memberships gms, grouper_members gm, grouper_groups gg,
grouper_attributes ga
where gms.MEMBER_ID = gm.MEMBER_UUID
and gms.owner_id = gg.uuid
and ga.group_id = gg.UUID
and ga.FIELD_NAME = 'name'
and gms.list_name = 'members'
and gms.list_type = 'list'
and ga.VALUE = 'aStem:aGroup'

Make sure that is showing the subject_id's and subject_source_id's that you
are expecting...

Kind regards,