grouper-users - group naming conventions and stem structure

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

group naming conventions and stem structure

  • From: Bill Kasenchar <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: group naming conventions and stem structure
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:27:08 -0400

We are about to embark on an initial pilot project for our grouper installation and instead of learning the hard way we would like to benefit from the experiences of the user community as it relates to best practices for group naming conventions and stem structure.

Any information or examples that you can provide showing how people can read, understand and traverse your grouper organizational hierarchy would be appreciated

Is the stem structure organized by

- school and center?

- paralleling the financial organization?

- affiliation?

Are group names tightly controlled?

Do group names have a context sensitive prefix and/or suffix?

  • group naming conventions and stem structure, Bill Kasenchar, 04/11/2008