grouper-users - Changing Grouper ID

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Changing Grouper ID

  • From: Thomas M Goerger <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Changing Grouper ID
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:56:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I'm having an issue with changing the underlying name that Grouper is
using to identify a user. We have an attribute called OfficialName that
we want to use as the unique identifier in Grouper. Changing this value,
as might happen if someone has a legal name change, seems to be
problematic for Grouper. It recognizes the change if you do another
search, but if you try to list members in a group where one of the names
has been changed, Grouper spits back a Runtime Exception.

Anyone else dealt with this at all? How do you deal with a changing id in
your implementation?

Thanks,

Tom Goerger
University of Minnesota - Internet Services