grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Ldap import data from grouper fail

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Ldap import data from grouper fail

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: chqh <>
  • Cc: grouper-users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Ldap import data from grouper fail
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 15:34:50 -0500

chqh wrote:

> When I use the edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.ldappc -subject
> GrouperSystem -groups to import data to ldap from grouper.
> But when the program runs in the GroupEntrySynchronizer, then errro
> happens:
>
> tore memberdn : {uid=ylzhang2,ou=People,dc=scut,dc=edu,dc=cn} SUBJECT[[
> NAME = allen ][ ID = ylzhang2 ]] Invalid name: list-empty
>
> javax.naming.InvalidNameException: Invalid name: list-empty
> at javax.naming.ldap.Rfc2253Parser.doParse(Rfc2253Parser.java:86)
>
> <ldappc>
> <grouper>
> <group-queries>
>
> <subordinate-stem-queries>
> <stem-list>
> <stem>SCUT</stem>
> <stem>etc</stem>
> </stem-list>
> </subordinate-stem-queries>
> </group-queries>
>
> <groups structure="flat"
> root-dn="ou=testgrouper,dc=scut,dc=edu,dc=cn"
> ldap-object-class="groupOfNames"
> ldap-rdn-attribute="cn" grouper-attribute="name" >
>
> <group-members-dn-list list-object-class="groupOfNames"
> list-attribute="member" list-empty-value="list-empty"/>

The value "list-empty" is not a valid DN, and so is being rejected. For
the group-members-dn-list I suggest using "".

> </groups>
>
> <memberships>
> <member-groups-list
> list-object-class="eduPerson"
> list-attribute="ou"
> naming-attribute="name" />
> </memberships>

Although you haven't provisioned memberships yet, I wonder if it is a
good idea to use the "ou" attribute to store the names of groups to
which the LDAP entry belongs. Many LDAP client programs assume that they
know what to expect in the "ou" attribute, and they'll be surprised...