grouper-users - About the grouper initialization--no person subjects searching result

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

About the grouper initialization--no person subjects searching result

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: About the grouper initialization--no person subjects searching result
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

Now I am working on the new grouper v1.2.

After I finish all the configuration and building, I start to add root stem
and wheel group by using the gsh tools. And I add some person subjects and
attributes into the postgres database by excuting sql scripts. Then I added
one subject into the wheel group by using the gsh command "add member". So it
works. And then I access the grouper administration system by login the ui.
And I created stems and groups smoothly. But then the weird thing happens.
When I searched subjects by using the searching tool in the ui, I found
nothing turning up except the groups that I have created. The database
contains the person subject infomation, but the searching result for the
person subject is empty on the jsp. As a result, I cannot add members to the
groups.
if I access the url such as:
populateSubjectSummary.do?subjectId=someid&subjectType=person
I can get the Subject summary corresponding to the "someid".

When I used the grouper qs-start database hsqldb, I found it's ok to get
the subject searching result. Is there something wrong with my initialization
steps?

BTW, the platform I work on is windows XP. And I use tomcat 5.5.23 as the
container for grouper ui. Database is postgres.

  • About the grouper initialization--no person subjects searching result, chqh, 07/25/2007